Owners & Landlords

View information including a renting to Section 8 guide, inspections, forms, tracking payments and listing your properities below.

Renting to Participants

Do you currently rent or interested in renting to a Section 8 Participant?  The following information is intended for the use of both existing and new housing owners considering renting to Section 8 renters.  Thank you for your interest in the Malden Housing Authority (MHA) Rental Assistance Program.

Online Resources

HUD Posts First HCV Landlord Participation Webinar:

Renting to Section 8 Guide

The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) is a federally funded rental assistance program designed to help low-income families, senior citizens, and people with disabilities afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing. The program provides subsidies to qualified households for use in private housing in the community of their choice. Under the Section 8 program, households initially pay 30%-40% of their income towards the rent plus utilities and the federal government pays the difference between that amount and the approved contract rental amount.


Inspections results are available online from McCright & Associates.

Forms & Documents

Request for Tenancy Approval Instructions & Forms

The entire Request for Tenancy Approval (RFTA) packet must be completely filled out by both the property owner and the tenant. Open the packet below and begin by reading the Request for Tenancy Approval Letter.

Tracking Payments

In conjunction with the EFT system, the MHA is excited to introduce our Landlords to our new online HMS PAL™ system. Using this system, you will be able to register and access information regarding your monthly Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) for all your current tenants. Landlords can use HMS PAL™ regardless of whether you receive Direct Deposit or payments by check, but by choosing to sign up for Direct Deposit, you can help MHA reduce environmental waste, use less paper, and help us become more efficient.

List Your Apartment or Rental Properties

The Housing Authority has partnered with www.GoSection8.com for apartment and rental propery listings.

Go Section 8

It is recommended that Landlords add photos to their listing for better advertising and faster lease up!